FuturFund’s first year started with the development of a small conference at a local high school in Mississauga. What started out as an idea shared by a few students seven years ago has now grown into a registered non-profit organization with engagement across 22 university campuses across Canada. Since its inception, FuturFund has launched over 20 financial literacy events and initiatives, including scholarships, our annual Women & Financial Literacy Conference, a mentorship program, and an innovative micro-grants project, directly reaching 1800+ students across Canada. futurfund.org
FuturFund’s Executive Director (ED) is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the organization as well as its long-term growth and success. Reporting to the FuturFund Board of Directors and Advisory Board, the role has significant autonomy and scope for impact. Internally, the Managing Director is responsible for driving the recruitment and training of new team members, taking a leadership role in the strategic direction for portfolio activities and planning, provide feedback and transfer learnings from previous years e.g., attend meetings for strategic planning for portfolios. Externally, the Managing Director is the face of the organization within the financial literacy community and to the broader public, responsible for external relations, partnerships and expansion. The Executive Director will work closely with the Senior Executive Director, who will mentor, coach the incoming Executive Director in all areas of FuturFund’s activities.
- Provides overall leadership and direction to the club organization; Establishes short- and long- range objectives and goals in conjunction with the board of directors
- Take a leadership role in the strategic direction for portfolio activities and planning, provide feedback and transfer learnings from previous years e.g., attend meetings for strategic planning for portfolios
- Manage Executive and Director hiring, orientation and training; Structures the organization to ensure continuity of leadership by providing opportunities for new leaders to develop and to be mentored
- Responsible for the enhancement of FuturFund’s image by being active and visible in the community and by working closely with other professional, civic and private organizations
- Accountable to the Board of Directors on FuturFund’s key activities, strategies for key activities, and any key risks
- An undergraduate student at a post-secondary institution in Canada
- Demonstrated passion for working with young people, mentoring and community building
- Entrepreneurial self-starter with a thirst for new challenges, a knack for communication and an eye towards planning and execution
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates should send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org, outlining the following:
- Describe why this opportunity interests you and how it fits into your career aspirations.
- Summarize how your background has prepared you to excel in this role.
- Share your LinkedIn profile and/or an updated CV
🗓 Deadline: Friday, July 30, 2021 @ 11:59PM Eastern